WIRRAL GP OUT OF HOURS SERVICE
Wirral GP Out of Hours service is accessed through the NHS 111 service and provides urgent medical help and advice for patients who are unable to wait for their GP practice to re-open.
NHS 111 is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses and paramedics. They will ask questions to assess symptoms, then give the healthcare advice the patient needs or direct them to the local service that can help them best. One of the services available is our GP out of hours service.
Once referred to our service, further care can include:
- telephone advice
- a face-to-face consultation at one of three centres in Arrowe Park, Eastham or Wallasey
- a home visit where deemed clinically necessary
Health Care Professionals (e.g. District Nurses, Paramedics, Pharmacists, Pathology Laboratory) also call the OOH service via the Health Professional Line and further care is facilitated after a telephone triage.
Usual opening times
Monday – Friday: 6:30pm – 8:00am
Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays: 24 hour service (8:00am to 8:00am)
OOH GP REGISTRAR TRAINING
GP OOH Registrar Induction will be offered in February and August each year and this will include interactive SystemOne Training sessions. Please contact Dr Zahida Adam, Governance Lead, Urgent and Primary Care at email@example.com if you have any queries.
GPOOH SHIFT BOOKINGS
Please email the OOH Rota Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for shift bookings or rota enquiries.
OUT OF HOURS BANK GP ROLE
We are looking for GPs who are interested in working in a multi-disciplinary team in the Out of Hours service.
We provide medical care to patients who require urgent assessment, advice, treatment or referral during the out of hours period. This gives you the opportunity to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays, providing the flexibility to fit in with any other commitments you have.
If you can answer YES to the following questions then we would love to hear from you;
- Have you had enough of the ever increasing administrative work as part of your routine job?
- Would you rather prefer flexible working hours?
- Do what you are trained to do i.e. clinical work involving patient care?
- Fed up of your increasing indemnity costs?
- Tired of working long hours on your own with no support?
We can offer:
1. Flexible working hours and shifts to suit your needs
2. More time with patients, less administrative work;
3. Indemnity cover
4. Access to the NHS pension scheme
Other benefits include:
1. Opportunity to get involved with medical leadership, governance and audits;
2. Formal opportunities to develop leadership skills;
3. Opportunity to train/ supervise GP trainees;
4. Trust wide staff benefits
5. Highly supportive team with strong clinical and governance leadership;
6. Access to an in house review process/ appraisals.
If the above sounds tempting, then don’t delay, apply today! We are particularly keen to recruit for our health economy locally, with a strong emphasis on supporting our local communities with a robust team of GPs who know and understand the needs, demographics and expectations of the population we look after. You should be committed to work shifts regularly in order to maintain competencies.
Please read the job description and person specification for further details. Please note we require at least 6 months previous experience of UK based general practice. If you would like to discuss anything about this post or advert further, please contact Clare Frame on 0151 514 6443 to arrange a time to speak to our Clinical Leadership Team: Dr Zahida Adam ( Governance Lead) or Professor Clare Wilkinson (Lead GP) would be delighted to speak to you.